Home > Services > Pharmacy Services
Wexford Health provides comprehensive pharmacy and pharmaceutical consulting services, including the prescribing, dispensing, delivery, administration, management, and disposal of prescription and non-prescription medications. Our program supplies pharmaceuticals through a well-established, comprehensive mail-order process, with Wexford Health-employed pharmacy and/or nursing staff performing onsite support functions at contracted facilities.
Our pharmacy program increases operational efficiency and contains client drug costs through a variety of methods, including the products and services listed below.
- No company-owned pharmacy; Wexford Health works with a variety of pharmaceutical suppliers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), enabling us to make independent, strategically sound buying decisions and to negotiate the best prices for our clients.
- Doctorate-level (PharmD) staff to manage our programs, providing our clients with the optimal blend of clinical, operational, and financial experience
- Web-based/online medication ordering that saves time, increases efficiency and productivity, and allows nursing staff to raise the level of clinical service through the sharing of information
- Formulary management, to improve the quality of the overall drug-use process and to optimize not only patients’ therapeutic outcomes, but also client pharmacy costs
- Medication administration
- Self-medication or “Keep-On-Person” programs
- Pyxis® automated medication management systems that optimize the distribution, tracking, management, and security of medications
- Drug utilization review (DUR) that ensures prescribed drugs are appropriate, medically necessary, and not likely to result in adverse medical results
- Consultant pharmacist services to ensure pharmacy program quality and compliance, and to analyze the population’s needs with regard to medication types, medication administration, patterns of use, and drug effects
- Pharmacy training, education, and quality management