Behavioral Health Services
Wexford Health is committed to the effective, efficient delivery of quality behavioral health services. Over the past two decades, we have managed a wide range of behavioral health programs, at various acuity levels including outpatient, transitional care and step-down, crisis stabilization and management, behavioral management units, and acute psychiatric inpatient care.
Wexford Health divides our behavioral health services into three main categories.
- Mental health services, including screenings, assessments, psychoeducation, and individual and group therapy
- Addiction Recovery Services, including medical detoxification and therapeutic communities
- Specialized program services, including sex offender, juvenile offender, and restoration to competency programs
Mental Health Services including Psychiatry
Wexford Health’s mental health programs comply with all applicable industry standards. We provide all patients with a mental health screening/assessment as part of our receiving process. Patients with a positive mental health screening/assessment receive further evaluation by a licensed qualified mental health professional, along with appropriate care and treatment.
In addition, our mental health program includes the following vital components.
- A 24/7 crisis intervention and management program, provided through onsite and on- call coverage, to identify those offenders in need of critical mental health and psychiatry services
- A suicide prevention program that identifies at-risk patients; minimizes the likelihood of suicide attempts and other critical incidents and provides interventions; and trains staff to recognize warning signs and react quickly and effectively
- Individual psychotherapy in the modality that best suits each patient’s needs; Our psychotherapists are trained in methodologies including behavioral, cognitive, cognitive- behavioral, and dialectic therapies
- Group therapy and psychoeducational programs, tailored to the specific needs of patients at crisis level, in segregation, at the transition/reintegration level, and for the general outpatient mental health setting
- Pharmacotherapy, including a comprehensive program for the clinical and cost management of psychotropic medications
Addiction Recovery Services
Wexford Health provides a medically supervised detoxification program for inmates who are chemically dependent, intoxicated, or undergoing withdrawal upon entering a facility. We also provide comprehensive substance use counseling services, including assessment and referral; individual and group counseling; therapeutic communities; and other treatment interventions. Our substance use programs have been recognized for their efficient management and positive outcomes.
Sex Offender Treatment Services
We offer a comprehensive psychologically-based sex offender treatment program that includes assessment, treatment, and discharge planning. The key outcome goals of our program are to reduce sexually deviant attitudes and behaviors in patients convicted of sexual assault offenses; and to provide appropriate coping skills.
Restoration to Competency Program
Wexford Health also provides a Restoration to Competency (RTC) program aimed at defendants who, due to mental illness, do not understand the nature of the court proceedings and charges that have been filed against them, and therefore cannot stand trial. Our RTC program helps defendants regain their competency, so they can understand the court proceedings and participate in their own defense.
Medical Services Behavioral Health Services PsychiatryAddiction Recovery Services Sex Offender Treatment ServicesRestoration to Competency ProgramStaffing Administrative ServicesProvider Network Credentialing Claims ServicesUtilization Management TechnologyTelehealth Electronic Health Records
In addition to the financial, educational, and career advancement rewards, a position with Wexford Health offers personal fulfillment, providing you with hands-on opportunities to positively impact a truly disadvantaged population.
We will be happy to speak with you to learn about your goals and discuss how we can help you achieve them.
Thank you for visiting our website and choosing to learn more about our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright © 2022
Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
Wexford Health Sources, Inc.
501 Holiday Drive
Suite 300, Foster Plaza Four
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Wexford Health Sources employees, login here.